Weekend Top Ten #30
Top Ten Things That Make Me Feel Old
It’s a 30th Top Ten special edition, and as I’m also 30, I’m celebrating by listing things that make me feel old. Yay!
- 9/11 was over a decade ago.
- They’ve started remaking films that came out when my little brother was a teenager.
- All the cartoons and toys that were out when I was a kid have come around again.
- I’m older than Doctor Who, for crying out loud.
- And since the DC Comics reboot, I think I’m older than Superman, too.
- I carry a computer in my pocket that I can talk to, there are humans living in space, and we’ve got a robot on Mars updating a Twitter account.
- Next year, Jurassic Park will be twenty years old.
- Both 2001 and 2010 are past tense, and the future apocalypse of Terminator 2 took place last millennium.
- I work with people who weren’t even born when Back to the Future came out.
- I’ve got a daughter!